Responsible for the packing, packaging, and labeling sample kits/packages in a timely manner to meet customer needs and pack/shipping guidelines.
This class specification lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.
- Pulls orders from the system and prioritizes based on project requirements/deadlines.
- Assembles kits according to guidelines and instructions.
- Maintains, orders, and stocks supplies to meet business requirements.
- Cleans sample coolers and prepares for future shipment.
- Keeps shipping area clean and organized.
- Reviews, completes and processes various standard types of logs, documents, databases, and related materials and information.
- Provides fundamental support in the application and assistance to staff and management regarding shipping policies, programs and practices.
- Assists with ensuring compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations pertaining to work performed; receives guidance and direction or escalates when required.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the department's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a work team.
- Promotes and supports the overall mission of Pace Analytical by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with customers and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent; experience in related work is preferred; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. One year of experience in a lab or office setting is preferred.
Required Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
Continued employment is contingent upon all required licenses and certificates being maintained in active status without suspension or revocation.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Fundamental principles, practices and techniques of shipping.
- Fundamental methods to resolve administrative or technical problems, questions and concerns.
- Ability to learn standard applicable organizational policies and procedures on shipping equipment.
- Computer applications and systems related to the work.
- Principles and practices to serving as an effective project team member.
- Methods to communicate with staff, coworkers, and customers to ensure safe, effective and appropriate operations.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Performing fundamental shipping administration duties.
- Providing standard support within varied shipping functions.
- Serving as a team member working with customers and projects.
- Operating in a both a team and individual contributor environment.
- Interpreting, applying and explaining organizational policies and procedures.
- Maintaining databases, forms, documents and related information.
- Using initiative and judgment within established department policies and procedures.
- Using tact, discretion and prudence in working with those contacted in the course of the work.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with a variety of individuals contacted in the course of the work.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in a lab and office setting, use standard office and lab equipment and stamina to sit and stand for extended periods of time; exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects; vision to read printed materials and computer screens; and hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Work is performed in a lab and office setting. Work is subject chemicals, fumes, gasses, noxious odors and related items in a lab and samples setting.