Home Health Caregiver
Pay: $10.00 per hour. Raise at 6 months to $10.25 and 1 year to $10.50
Flexible Schedule Available
Position Summary. The HSS DSP1 provides direct assistance to members in a home setting in the Home Support Services (HSS) program.
Essential Functions. The following list is not meant to be an all-encompassing list. There are many individual responsibilities and tasks that this position requires. Additional duties may be required, depending on the needs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists Members with activities of daily living such as bathing, grooming, personal hygiene, toileting, meal preparation, feeding, dressing, and participating in errands.
- Involves Members in different activities specific to the SR.
- Ensures that the Members house is a safe environment, well maintained and clean.
- Prepares menus and meals in the Members home according to nutritional standards that have been established.
- Completes all required program documentation.
- Communicates concerns regarding Members to supervisor.
- Minimum age 19.
- Valid Tennessee driver’s license with good driving record
Education and Training
- High school diploma or equivalent reading comprehension and math skills.
- Stable employment history.
Skills and Competencies
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English with Members and staff both in writing and verbally.
- Demonstrated ability to use good judgment.
- Ability to follow specific written and verbal instructions.
- Positive and effective social skills.